Come stay on the lakefront in gorgeous Upstate New York at Depe Dene Family Resort, an eleven-acre family-owned resort situated on the shores of Lake George. Our resort is only a few miles from the Lake George Village, so you will be close to all the dining, shopping, recreational activities, and more than the town has to offer locals and visitors alike. Depe Dene Resort is the perfect place to go, no matter the season. We indeed are a four-season vacation destination, with something for everyone at any time of the year.
Fall is always a pleasant time visiting the Lake George Area, especially to peep at the fiery fall foliage. If you stay on-site at Depe Dene Resort, you’ll be able to enjoy our many fall-suited amenities, such as our heated pool, sporting activities, and exclusive lake access. Lay back in a beachside beach chair and look out at the Lake George fall foliage as it progressively changes colors until it’s time for the leaves to drop, welcoming winter. The Warren County Tourism has created a comprehensive guide to fall time in the Lake George Area. They even have an incredible fall foliage meter that tracks the progression of the shifting colors of the local fall foliage. Let’s dive a little deeper so you can bask in the beauty of the Upstate NY fall colors!
Where to See the Lake George Fall Foliage
The rolling mountainsides are covered in stunning forests that start shifting to the most vibrant fall colors towards the beginning of October. As you drive around the Lake George Area, there are many great places to stop and take in the blazing colors. See below:
- Take a half-hour scenic gondola ride in North Creek on their Northwoods Gondola Skyride
- Head into the Lake George Village and take a stroll on the east side of Lake George in Shepard Park
- Go hiking in the town of Chester and try to conquer their Chester Challenge
- Catch some falling leaf action from the outdoor patio at the Bolton Landing Brewing Company and sip on one of their seasonal brews
- Journey on the super accessible Dean Farm Heritage Trail in Stony Creek
- Queensbury’s West Mountain is a fantastic place for a scenic picnic
- Tour the lovely rows of maple trees at Toad Hill Maple Farm in Athol
- Drive Route 9N from Bolton Landing to Hague, making sure to pull over at the Hague Lookout
- …Last but not least, stay at Depe Dene Family Resort for access to all the spectacular Lake George sights, from the cool water to the fall foliage
Book your fall getaway with us by calling 518-668-2788. See you soon!